- 3/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons good cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk, shaken
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 extra-large egg, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup freshly brewed hot coffee
Preheat the oven to 350°. Line 24 mini baking cups with paper liners.
Sift the first eight ingredients into the bowl of a stand mixer. Whisk to make sure all ingredients are combined.
In another bowl, combine the buttermilk, oil, eggs, and vanilla.
With the mixer on low, slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until just combined. Keeping the mixer on low, add the coffee and stir to combine. Scrape bowl to make sure everything is incorporated.
Fill muffin cups halfway and bake for 10-15 minutes or till cake tester comes out clean. Cakes will be soft and airy.