Adapted from King Arthur Flour
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup raisins
- cinnamon-sugar for topping
1. In a large bowl mix together flour, sugar, yeast, cinnamon, salt and baking powder.
2. In a separate bowl, combine milk, butter and egg.
3. Add wet to dry and beat till smooth.
4. Stir in raisins. Cover and let rest for 1 hour. In the last 15 minutes, preheat oven to 350°.
5. Bake bread for 40-45 minutes till cake tester inserted comes out clean.
6. Cool in pan for 5 minutes, then turn out onto rack and cool completely.